Water Heater Repair & Installation in Mansfield
Professional Water Heater Services!
Mayes & Sons Plumbing Co. offers reliable and affordable water heater repair, installation, and replacement services in Mansfield. We have several years of combined experience and are fully licensed, bonded, and insured. Whether you need a new water heater or repairs, we have you covered.
What Are Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair?
If your water heater is making strange noises, leaking, or failing to provide hot water, call us for water heater repair in Mansfield. These are clear signs you need to repair.
We will diagnose your water heater problem and provide you with honest, reliable solutions. We offer affordable rates and financing options to help you get your water heater back up and running as quickly as possible.
When Should You Replace Your Water Heater?
The decision to replace your water heater depends on several factors, including the type of water heater you have, its age, and its condition.
Here are some general guidelines to help you determine when to replace your water heater:
- Age: Most traditional tank water heaters have a lifespan of around 8 to 12 years, while tankless water heaters can last up to 20 years or more. If your water heater is approaching or has exceeded its expected lifespan, it's a good idea to start planning for a replacement, even if it's still functioning.
- Efficiency: If you have an older water heater, it may not be as energy-efficient as newer models. Replacing an inefficient water heater with a more energy-efficient one can lead to significant cost savings on your energy bills over time.
- Frequent Repairs: If your water heater requires frequent and costly repairs, it may be more cost-effective to replace it rather than continue to invest in repairs.
- Leaks or Rust: Visible signs of corrosion, rust, or water leaks from the tank are strong indicators that it's time to replace the water heater. These issues can lead to more serious problems, such as flooding or water damage.
- Inadequate Hot Water: If your water heater consistently fails to provide enough hot water for your household's needs, it may be too small for your requirements, and you should consider replacing it with a larger capacity model.
- Strange Noises: Unusual noises like popping or rumbling coming from your water heater may indicate sediment buildup, which can reduce its efficiency and potentially damage the tank. Flushing the tank may help, but if the noises persist, it could be a sign of internal damage.
- Safety Concerns: If you have a gas water heater and suspect a gas leak or any other safety concerns, immediately turn off the gas supply and contact a professional for inspection and repair or replacement if necessary.
- Changes in Water Quality: If you notice a decline in water quality, such as rusty or discolored water, it could be a sign of deterioration inside the tank. This may indicate the need for a replacement.
- Energy Efficiency Upgrades: If you want to upgrade to a more energy-efficient water heater to reduce your environmental impact and energy costs, it might be a good time to replace your existing unit, even if it's still functional.
- Home Renovations or Remodeling: If you're renovating or remodeling your home, it's a convenient time to replace the water heater to ensure it meets the changing needs of your household.
Ultimately, the decision to replace your water heater should take into account its age, condition, and your specific needs. It's a good practice to have your water heater inspected regularly by a professional, who can provide guidance on its condition and when replacement may be necessary.
to Request an Estimate and Learn More
About How We Can Help You
“One of the best experiences I have had dealing with problems in my house”Karen
“I highly recommend your company to my family members and friends”David
“I am extremely satisfied with Collin's professionalism, thoroughness, and respectfulness to my Mom and her caregiver. Outstanding!”Robert
“Would Recommend this company to everyone!”Nancy
“Love working with everyone at Mayes & Sons Plumbing!”Susan